Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

A few of you have mentioned to me that you continue check the blog frequently as you continue to pray for Abigail, and have asked for more frequent posts. I will do my best, but I am not making any promises until we get back from vacation on January 2nd. Christmas has been wonderful, I really love the lights and sitting in front of the tree with my family early in the morning and before bedtime. Sometimes I think I am more suited to celebrating Hanukkah, though. You see, I really love to watch everyone open presents, so we have been opening them for a couple of days now. The boys have only gotten 3 or 4 gifts each, but they really appreciate them...maybe too much. Yesterday I was having a conversation with Josiah about going to Minnesota to visit our families. "Are you looking forward to seeing Grandma?" "Yes, see Grandma." "Are you going to have fun with your cousin Sara?" "Yes, visit cousin Sara." Then Josiah said, "Are you looking forward to seeing your presents..."

Please keep the health of my family in your prayers. It is definitely cold season in the Hassinger house. Richard started us off a couple of weeks ago with a sinus infection that it took him a week and a half to kick. The boys picked it up next, but not as badly as Richard had it. I have a little bit of it, but Alka Seltzer is my new best friend and helps within 15 minutes of taking it. I was hoping it would skip over little Abigail, but she has been showing symptoms for a couple of days now. Yesterday we made an appointment with her doctor to make sure the trip was still a good idea, and so far so good. We ran some tests to see if an antibiotic is appropriate, so hopefully we will hear back today. Poor thing is congested and having low grade fevers. Her heart rate is up and she is not sleeping well (probably just due to discomfort). Please pray that she can kick this thing, and that we do not have to make any medical trips while we are in Minnesota. Also pray that we do not forget anything too important when we are packing!

Abigail continues to do well on changing over from pump feeds to bolus feeds. We are now bolusing a volume of 150 mls four times a day, so in 15 more days, if all goes well, we should be completely bolus feeding, goodbye pump!! Abigail has surprised us with increased vocalizations, mostly a scream when startled and happy cooing when being held, sometimes twice a day. This is increased from maybe a couple of times a month. I still would not say it is intentional, but then again it is so much more frequent...Our speech therapist made a pretty bold comment the other day saying that she was sure Abigail would vocalize again. At least we know those vocal cords are functional!!

In my bible study this morning I was studying the book of Mark and healings that occurred. Here are some of my thoughts: 1-Mark 8:22-26 In the story of the healing of the blind man why did it take 2 tries to restore the man's sight? I think it may have been lack of faith. I feel like it says to me, you can't just say the right things, you have to believe them in your heart. The man had faith, I mean he came to Jesus, but he didn't really believe that he would heal him. Maybe he didn't think he was worthy. Please join me in praying and BELIEVING that God will heal Abigail. 2-The other verse that came back to mind was one from early on in Abigail's accident - the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. What does this mean, to be righteous? 3-Mark 11:22-26 I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. I think this also answers, a righteous man is one able to forgive others. Who do we need to forgive today?

3 comments:

ATGRAF said...

I really enjoyed your blog and agree with what it says. I am a firm beliver that if you say you belive in something and truly do not nothing will happen but if you belive in your heart anything is possible. I as well hope your visit to the state of Minnesota will go well I will pray about it. Colds are going around and they suck its like there are three symtoms a Sore throat, a cough, and a stuffed up nose and if ya get really lucky ears that like to pop. The thing that really sucks is that ya have one of um a day and then a couple days where there all combined I hate em. Lots of snow in the Twin Cities I think more than a foot has fallen in the last week but it is beutifull for the holiday season I mean the lights mixed with snow is beautifull and donuts are woundefulll to do to. I wish everyone in the family and anyone that reads this a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Happy said...

Praise God that Abigail is healed by Jesus stripes and for the manifestations that are happening for her complete restoration.

I speak to cold symptoms and infections and command them to leave the Hassinger family in Jesus' Name. Jesus is the Name above all Names and the symptoms have to go. Praise God that Abigail's immune system is strong and no weapon formed against her shall prosper.

Praise God that the bolus feeding is going well.

Praise God for the vacation in Minnesota and for a wonderful Christmas with the extended family.

Praise God for Abigail's vocalization. This is the beginning of her speech being restored.

Shalom and blessings on the Hassinger family always.

Happy said...

Praise God for the holidays spent with family in Minnesota.

Praise God for good health for this family.

Praise God for Abigail's complete restoration and healing.

Praise God for all of the progress she has made and continues to make.

Praise God for Mom and Dad's faith for Abigail's complete recovery.

Praise God for all who are continuing to pray consistently for Abigail and the family.

Praise God for His Word and His promises that we can believe and trust Him to perform.

Shalom -- nothing missing, nothing broken.