Thursday, February 19, 2009

I will praise you in this storm...

Before I go ahead and give the news that I must give, I want to say that I still have a peace about Abigail and her recovery. I may not like our current situation, I may not understand, but there is a reason God is bringing us through this. I am reminded of one of my favorite songs, Praise you in the storm. I will praise you in the storm, and I will lift my hands, you are who you are, no matter where I am, and every tear I cry, you hold in your hands, you never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise you in the storm...I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth...

You know, it felt kind of good just writing the song out. We decided to go in for an EEG sooner, mostly because Abigail's "seizures" have become longer lasting, and increased in intensity. The EEG was yesterday. Today we received the results that she is having seizures. So this means the beginning of determining which medications will stop them, and much learning about seizures, and much prayer. It also means working with a good neurologist and so on and so forth.

We received Abigail's stander Wednesday, and not only is she tolerating it well, I think she likes it. And the boys love it too, because it has a tray so she can play more easily with her toys, particularly her bubble blowing machine.

In the positive, the spaghetti dinner is this Sunday, and we are very much looking forward to meeting some new people and sharing Abigail's story. Also, we have changed our plans for Make A Wish, and will probably be heading to Disney and a special resort set up for special needs children in September of this year. We are going without nurses to make it a special time for just our family. They have things like horse carriage rides, a train station, a giant house of ice cream, a movie theatre that emits fog, horse rides, a life size candy land game with real characters, to name a few things. You can visit GKTW.org if you are interested.

3 comments:

Happy said...

Praise God for Abigail's complete recovery. I bind the seizures and command them to stop in Jesus' Name. We have power to tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt Abigail or her family (Luke 10:19).

Praise God for Abigail's stander and that she likes it. Praise God that she can play more easily.

Praise God for the spaghetti dinner this Sunday.

Praise God for the "Make A Wish" trip to Disney. That is so awesome. I'm sure Abigail will love that!!!

Praise God for His mighty power which is at work in Abigail. He has healed all of her diseases and infirmities. Bless the Lord!!!

Shalom -- nothing missing, nothing broken.

Happy said...

How did the Spaghetti dinner go?

Praise God for who He is and all that he has done and is doing for Abigail and her family. He is able to do exceeding abundantly more than we can ask for or think of.

God is good and His mercy endures forever.

He forgives our sins and heals all of our diseases. Ps. 103

Shalom -- nothing missing, nothing broken

ekronsch said...

Oh. Abagail will be okay I pray every night for her.

-Emily Sarah's cousin Minnesota