Monday, October 20, 2008

Pictures

Mom's been asking us to post some pictures for a while now.... Here they are:

This was Abigail, about a week after the incident:

This is the happy family last weekend!

This is a closeup of Abigail from that same day over the weekend:

As you can see, she now is able to be free of machines and tubes for a few hours at a time. She still eats from a bag into a tube that goes into her tummy. She has a trach that allows her to breath through her neck, although she often wears a piece of plastic that forces her to breathe through her mouth... She'll periodically cough when that plastic piece is on her, even when there doesn't appear to be anything blocking her airway... almost as if to say "Mommy, do I HAVE to breathe through my mouth? It's SOOOOO much work!"

2 comments:

Patricia said...

What a beautiful sight .. Little girl is beautiful just as I pictured . Its nice to be able to put a face to my prayers if that makes any since . And those handsome little boys are the sweetest too ! As a Momma of three grown sons I can say I have played trucks , climbed trees and learned lots of boys stuff through the years . Mom and Dad when I see your family my heart swells with love , how I wish I could give you all one giant hug . God bless all of you and as always my thoughts and prayers are with you . Sending special hugs to Abigail .. You keep getting better babygirl .. love ya

Jess said...

Great pics. Abigail looks like her Mama. :) Continuing to pray here.

~Jessica